Available Land & Buildings
Sawyer Intl. Airport covers an area of 2,100 acres. It has a single asphalt/concrete runway (9,071 x 150 ft) originally re-designed in 1959 to accommodate B-52 bombers and KC-135 tankers.
The County of Marquette maintains 226.58 acres of raw land and 721,230 sf of space located within the Airport Layout Plan (ALP). In addition to the ALP, there is an Industrial Park (Telkite Technology Park) adjacent to the airport, with 1003.17 acres of raw land and 675,341 sf of facility space.
Each general aviation t-hangar is 42' wide, 38' deep, and 12' high with a 12' clear door height. Twin t-hangars are 48' wide, 48' deep, and 16' high with a 14' clear door height.
For lease details, please contact:
Duane DuRay, Airport Manager
(906) 346-3308 Ext. 222
Aviation and Rail Development Opportunities - Click Here for Info
- Located in Marquette County, MI at the former K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base
- Property adjacent M-553 and easy access to 9,071 foot runway
- Electric and gas available
- Rail access nearby
- Incentives available
- Northern Michigan University A & P School
- Home to the Upper Michigan Green Aviation Coalition
Call Vikki Kulju (906) 346-3333 • More Information
- Great call center environment
- HVAC with new boiler
- Newly painted exterior
- T-1 lines
- Abundant parking